Sunday, January 17, 2010

Do you have a shower curtain or glass door in your bath?

We just expanded our bathroom and can't decide if we should get a glass door or a shower curtain for the shower/tub area. The tub is a larger deep soaking tub and I think it would be easier having a fancy curtain. Are shower curtains out of style now for newly remodeled, expanded bathrooms? It is a ground floor bath, not the master bathroom by the bedrooms upstairs... Any ideas? Thanks.Do you have a shower curtain or glass door in your bath?
I have had both, I prefer the curtain and liner.





The glass doors take more space, and either have to swing open, and if they slide open, they only slide 1/2 the width of the tub.





Plus, if you fall through a curtain, it does not shatter and cut you.Do you have a shower curtain or glass door in your bath?
I live in a newer home and I have a glass door in the master bath and a curtain in the guest bathroom. I, personally like the shower curtain better as it is much easier to clean. Glass looks nice, but in my opinion, it's just hard to keep clean if you don't wipe it down after each shower. I don't think shower curtains are out of style at all, and you could get a nice fancy one with a nice pattern on it and, to me, it will look luxurious.
Prior to moving we had a shower curtain. Now we have a home with glass doors in the main bathroom and we hate them. Not only do they make the room seem small, these particular ones do not hold the water out as well as curtains do. When curtains get dirty, they are a simple toss in the washer. Add new paint and new curtains, you have a new look for minimal expense.





My vote, go with curtains.
I love a glass-walled shower. It is modern and sexy (for my wife and I LOL). I don't like a glass door for a bath because it makes it seem like I am boxed it. A bath is about relaxation and freedom. A shower curtain can be pulled aside if there is not a need to have it closed.
I have a walk in shower, but shower curtain comes with a lot of different patterns so you could accessorize your bathroom the way that you want to.
I have shower curtains on both of our showers, one is a tub/shower combo and the other is stall shower.


I much prefer them to glass doors, they're easier to clean...
curtains are still great, especially with all the fabric ones available. I always buy two identical ones and use both. It makes it look more plush.
I have a shower curtain, but I'd much rather have a glass door.
i think glass doors look better, plus, they don't make you feel so claustrophobic

No comments:

Post a Comment