Sunday, January 17, 2010

Shower curtains, What to do after a bath?

Do I leave it open or close it? What is the proper thing to do?Shower curtains, What to do after a bath?
Close it to allow it to dry. Keeping it open traps moisture, which can lead to mold. Hope this helps.Shower curtains, What to do after a bath?
I would leave the shower curtain closed to dry it, otherwise, it might mold. When it's dry, it looks better open though.





I would suggest 2 layers of shower curtains: a simple one inside and a decorative one on top. In this case, you can keep the decorative curtain open at all times and open the other after the shower. If the simple one catches mold or gets dirty, you would just buy another one, because it would be much less expensive.


I saw this idea at a very expensive hotel (about $500-600 per night).





If you have a very dirty shower, keep the curtain closed to hide it. ;)
It's a matter of preference.. Either is fine.. enough air will get to it to dry whether it's open or closed.





Personally, I like it open so you know there isn't someone hiding behind it.
I always close mine. When there is a lot of soap scum build up, I put it in the washer and then hang it right back up. Don't dry it.

No comments:

Post a Comment