Sunday, January 17, 2010

I need a large shower curtain rod to fit my shower/bath. They do not make rods larger than 72inches?

I need a large shower curtain rod to fit my shower/bath. They do not make rods larger than 72inches? We live in a log cabing and have a very large jacuzzi/shower. I need abour 78 inches. What can I do or is there anywhere that sells larger curtain rods?? Thanks!!I need a large shower curtain rod to fit my shower/bath. They do not make rods larger than 72inches?
They make 96'; shower rods and you can cut them to fit





http://www.deabath.com/showerrods/shower鈥?/a>





OR, you can get a custom cut length of PVC pipe (home improvement stores, plumbing supply outlets) , probably about 3/4'; to 1'; wide and buy the standard shower curtain flanges to mount it in at your hardware store.I need a large shower curtain rod to fit my shower/bath. They do not make rods larger than 72inches?
Curtain Rods--but be sure %26amp; select one that will be OK in the wet environment or hang it higher than usual to avoid direct spray--you could even hang it from the ceiling. Get a plastic liner made bigger and consider using real curtains over the liner. You can make your own liner with vinyl, sew to ready made together, use plastic table cloths or even buy oil cloth by the yard. Regular fabric can be laminated as well %26amp; also consider outdoor fabric like Sunbrella, Silverstate, etc which gets wet (its acrylic).
I found this site online that you can order custom made rods. I added the link, all you do is click on rods then click on the custom ones. You just have to type in your dimensions and go from there. Good luck, I hope this helps in some way :-)


http://www.showerrods.com/
Few bathtubs are longer then 72 inches. On HGTV they often use curtain rods when they need a larger size.

No comments:

Post a Comment